- Big Bear Hostel
- Availability Calendar
- Map / Directions
- Big Bear Weather Forecasts
- Real Time Road Conditions to Big Bear
- Things To Do in Big Bear
- Big Bear Nightlife
- Funnest Day ever in Big Bear! - Adventure Story Blog
- How long does it take to drive to Big Bear Hostel?
- Big Bear Snowboarding History
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Hostel Links
- Big Bear EPA UV Index
- Plant Based Eating in Big Bear Lake
- Groups (15+)
- PCT Hikers
- Snow Summit Lift Ticket Discount Packages
- Mobile Friendly
- Kids Ski Free
- Returning Guests
PCT Hikers - Please see our special Big Bear PCT Info page
What is the Pacific Crest Trail?
Big Bear Lake is near the I A in California. 2650 miles Pacific Crest Trail Map
- The PCT is a hiking trail that goes from Mexico to Canada and passes through Big Bear Valley.
- A PCT "Thru-hiker" is someone that is attempting to hike all 2650 miles in about 4-5 months April-September.
- Thru hikers carry everything they need to camp for up to a week at a time on there backs.
- They stop into towns like Big Bear along the way to resupply and recharge.
- See Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA) - for more info
- scroll down for maps and more !
The Pacific Crest Trail "PCT" is some of the best hiking in Big Bear.
Highway 38 (ONYX SUMMIT) - Go up the dirt road from the turnout East of the summit a few hundred feet and you will find the trail.
Highway 18 (CUSHIONBERRY GRADE) - The PCT
Van Dusen Canyon Road - Fireroad crossing - still 2 miles of dirt road into town
Couger Crest Trail - Singletrack Trail down to lake - this is past most useful parts of town, but we can shuttle to here easily
Google Map of Pacific Crest Trail
from Highway 10 to Highway 15
Includes Big Bear Lake points of interest - Try Zooming!
View Pacific Crest Trail - Highway 10 to Highway 15.kmz in a larger map